Thursday 10 October 2013

X Factor: Simon Cowell taunts Sinead O'Connor with guest judge offer | Media Monkey

Talent show mogul in tongue-in-cheek tweet after Irish singer called him a 'murderer of music' in wake of Miley Cyrus spat

Simon Cowell has taunted Sinead O'Connor after the Irish singer called him a "murderer of music" – by offering her a job as a guest judge on The X Factor. The Sun reports that the talent show supremo tweeted: "I think Sinead O'Connor would be a real fun guest judge on X Factor." He added: "She loves the show and everything I do. Let me know Sinead." O'Connor – who hit the headlines last week with her open letters warning Miley Cyrus not to "prostitute" herself for the music industry – had told an Irish TV show: "I don't feel sorry for me or for anybody else in the matter, that's not what it's about. The broader issue, I feel sorry for the murder of music. I feel sorry for the murder of rock'n'roll which has happened because of the industry. Because of Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh and the lot of them [talent show judges] have murdered music. They're murderers of music! I stand and say it on behalf of every musician in the world and they will all agree with it. I don't give a shit if I hurt them ... All the sexualisation of young people, all the worship of bling and money and diamonds and Pop Idol stuff, Simon Cowell – it all amounts to the murder of music.'' Perhaps O'Connor should take Cowell up on his offer and tell him what she really thinks.


theguardian.com © 2013 Guardian News and Media Limited or its affiliated companies. All rights reserved. | Use of this content is subject to our Terms & Conditions | More Feeds

View full article

 

(unsubscribe from this feed)