Sunday 15 December 2013

James Arthur: 'I feel deep shame about mistakes I've made since winning X Factor', including homophobic slur and womanising ways

2013 hasn’t exactly been James Arthur’s year, has it? It started off pretty fab as he was still riding high from winning the X Factor at the end of December, but the last couple of months have seen him involved in more controversy than Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus and Steve Brookstein all put together.

But this weekend, James has spoken out and to address his recent shocking behaviour including homophobic slurs and womanising ways, and is determined to get back on track to focus on his music and his fans.

James Arthur

In a tell-all interview with The Sun, James began by addressing the accusations of homophobia that have surrounded him since he used the word ‘queer’ in a recent rap, to describe someone who'd been blasting him.

James admitted: “On reflection, it was the most immature, ridiculous thing I’ve ever done... In society you can’t use language like that. I’m 100million per cent not homophobic. I despise that label being attached to me.”

read more

View full article

 

(unsubscribe from this feed)