Wednesday 1 January 2014

Matt Cardle thanks fans for support after entering rehab for addiction to prescription drugs

It's been quite a year for Matt Cardle, but after entering rehab earlier this week, he's spoken out to thank fans for all their support while he goes through treatment for an addiction to prescription drugs.

A spokesman for the former X Factor winner confirmed that Matt had been admitted to The Priory Clinic during the weekend following Christmas, to try to beat an addiction to both Valium and Temazepam. Speaking out for the first time about his problems, Matt posted a picture of a handwritten letter on Twitter, thanking fans for supporting him during such a tough time.

"I want to thank my fans or all your lovely messages of support," the letter reads. "I'm getting myself better. I want to be ready to give it 110% on tour next year.

pic.twitter.com/SFkYioprMt

read more

View full article

 

(unsubscribe from this feed)