Sunday 2 February 2014

Matt Cardle admits he was ‘weeks away from death’ before entering rehab for prescription drug addition

A few weeks ago, X Factor winner Matt Cardle shared the pretty shocking news that after a long-running personal battle, he’d entered rehab after becoming addicted to prescription drugs.

Matt entered The Priory after admitting he needed help on Boxing Day last month, and after completing his treatment recently to get clean, he’s confessed his dependency was so serious that his drink and drug struggle could have left him just weeks from death.

Matt Cardle

Speaking to The Sun about his difficult experience, Matt explained that shockingly, his rehab stint came just in time: "The doctor said to me if I'd been left to my own devices for another three or four weeks I might not be here now. I was so out of it - I was like a zombie."

He revealed that things took a turn for the worse when he became addicted to the prescription drug valium, which he originally began taking to help combat his fear of flying. Things soon spiralled out of control when he dangerously mixed the drug with drink.

read more

View full article

 

(unsubscribe from this feed)